Canoeing is for all levels of paddlers, providing beginners with the skills they need to maneuver a canoe effectively on flat water, and offering more experienced paddlers expert advice on how to hone their skills.
Whether you enjoy small day trips around local lakes and slow-moving rivers, overnight trips, or expeditions, Andrew Westwood’s thoughtful and clear breakdown of canoeing principles, skills, and techniques make this book a must-have for solo and tandem paddlers who are interested in maximizing their enjoyment of the canoe. This full color book also features stunning photography sure to inspire readers to get out and paddle.
YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- The equipment and how to choose it
- Essential strokes and techniques
- Offside and advanced strokes
- How to paddle tandem and solo
- Safe and efficient capsize recovery methods